Essential Oils for Emotional Support[social_warfare]
Essential Oils for Emotional Support
For centuries, essential oils with strong scents have been used to support a variety of difficulties. Did you know that essential oils can be used for emotional support? They can be used in a variety of ways such as by placing the essential oil in teas, topically applying the oil to the skin, or aromatically inhaling the essential oil by placing the oils in diffusers or in the bath. Using essential oils in this way can provide support for healthy moods and emotions ranging from anxiety to depression. With your doctor’s support, perhaps it is worth adding essential oils to your daily routine as a way of providing emotional support to yourself or in your home.
Essential oils and ways they can be used to provide emotional support.
* Lavender – Feeling stressed out? Take a hot bath with lavender oil in the water or put on lotion infused with lavender. Breathe in the scent deeply to help it work faster.
* Chamomile – If you suffer from insomnia it can affect your mental health all during the day. It’s important to treat this problem of lack of sleep. One way you can do that is to enjoy a nice cup of caffeine-free chamomile tea before bed.
* Peppermint – This essential oil is great in a shampoo if you begin your day with a shower to get your day started. Fresh, nostalgic, and instantly recognizable, Peppermint essential oil’s scent invigorates the mind and senses while inspiring a sense of peace. It will energize you and make you feel great. Enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck. The refreshing aroma will give you a boost of positivity!
* Sage – Even science has shown through research (see link below) that sage can improve the mood of research participants. Try using sage lotions, teas, and topicals to help treat foul moods. You can also use supplements instead of just the scent.
* Jasmine – You can inhale it or rub it into the skin (which also is a way to inhale the essential oil) to benefit from its healthful properties.
* Sandalwood – Mix the oil with almond oil and rub into the skin, or sprinkle on a cloth to inhale. It provides an uplifting, warm, woodsy, and sweet aroma. Its distinctly warm and woodsy aroma is the perfect complement to pampering spa treatments, relaxation time, yoga, and meditation.
* Ylang Ylang – Extracted by steam distilling the star-shaped flowers found on the tropical tree. Known for its rich, romantic scent, the scent has the ability to positively impact emotions and can help create a calming, relaxing atmosphere in your home. Simply rub the oil on your body and let it absorb to get the full benefits. Put few drops into a bath at the end of a long day.
* Rosemary –Rosemary essential oil uses include topical application and direct inhalation, and its complex, woodsy aroma can help create an energizing environment and promote a sense of clarity. Rosemary can give a boost of energy to help you get your day started.
* Lemon – Bright and fresh-smelling lemon scents can improve your mood by improving your circulation and immunity. Use lemon in water, in a diffuser, or in tea. Lemon can help improve the mood of any room at any time.
Learn what essential oils are helpful to you and your body
Everyone reacts differently to scents so you might need to experiment to find the right scent for you to treat the issues that you have identified. Some people feel better when they are energized with scents like lemon and peppermint; others feel better when they use calming scents like lavender or chamomile. Try one scent at a time for a period of at least a week to figure out what works best for you.
High-quality essential oils that do not contain pesticides, synthetics, or extenders are the best essential oils. Young Living offers only these therapeutic grade essential oils. Find out how to get started with essential oils.
Cautions & Disclaimer
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use.
*Modern scientific research has not yet validated these traditional claims.